A SmarTgram has the basic physical and social infrastructure with a layer of smart information and communication to improve governance and delivery of services, livelihood and economic opportunities.
For us, a SmarTgram is a Hi-tech, Healthy, Happy, Humane and Harmonious (5H) village which ensures an enhanced quality of life that contributes to the harmony, happiness and well-being of all the villagers.
In terms of physical and social infrastructure, each SmarTgram must have:
- Good internal roads & drainage system
- At least 12-hour electricity supply per day
- Potable water for drinking
- At least two live ponds of water, one for the animals and the other for village in general
- An operational liquid and solid waste management system
- Toilets for every household
- No plastic garbage
- Good schools for girls and boys
- Either a PHC or e-doctor clinic or AYUSH Clinic
- Properly organized Anganwaadis
- A well-managed CSC and active VLE (Village Level Entrepreneur)
- At least one bank or
post officeor ATM
- At least one entrepreneur and one active women SHG
- Link up with at least one marketing organization
- At least one good kirana store
- At least two acres of village land under social forestry
HiTech - Provision of smart physical & social infrastructure for effective delivery of services, livelihood and economic opportunities
Healthy - Physically and mentally strong
Happy - State of no-conflict, synergy, or acceptance. Harmony within and without.
Humane - Compassionate, Tolerant, forgiving and generous behaviour
Harmonious - Flow of life in an atmosphere of peace and happiness
A Local Resource Person or LRP is a locally recruited PMF representative. S/he acts as a teacher, guide, friend and advisor and serves as an effective link between the villages and the Foundation. They are provided training and inculcate a deep understanding of the mission and objectives of the PMF.
- To teach with devotion the subjects assigned to them and endeavor to turn children into responsible and happy citizens. This will include imparting training on happiness and emotional wellbeing , fight against malnutrition and women empowerment.
- To act as an effective link between the village and the Foundation. To assist the Foundation in conducting surveys on the present state of affairs in the village to identify areas for effective intervention by the Foundation and impact analysis.
- To help the Foundation arrange outreach and training programs and assist in undertaking campaigns like tree plantation, eat right health camps, sanitation, employment generation, etc.
- To educate the villagers about the various development schemes of the central and state government. You will maintain contact with the VLEs at the CSCs and assist the villagers in filling forms etc. for getting benefit of the schemes.
- To maintain contact with the ASHA workers, ANM, Anganwaadi workers , and provide feedback to the Foundation for improving such services in the villages.
- To assist the Foundation in organizing Gram vikas samitis to effectively implement and monitor various projects of the Foundation and its partners.
- To assist the Foundation in identifying persons with the potential to turn into entrepreneurs and for organizing women self help groups.
- To assist in connecting the farmers and other entrepreneurs to marketing organizations like FPOs and other such initiatives of the Foundation.